Read more for suggested Contemporary Issues for submission to the 2009 Annual Conference. Contemporary Issues must be 10 words or less and be recieved by the the Labour Party before…
ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2009 GUIDE FOR CLP DELEGATES AND CLP SECRETARIES
Peter Willsman’s Guide
(Published by The Campaign for Labour Party Democracy
email – firstname.lastname@example.org website – http://www.clpd.org.uk/)
The Conference Agenda
The following business will comprise the Conference timetable:
• The National Executive Committee (NEC) Report and possible late NEC statements that can be issued to delegates during conference.
• Reports from the six policy commissions, together with separate annex reports, which will cover the progress (or otherwise) that has been made at the relevant Policy Commission in relation to each of the Contemporary Issue subjects remitted at the 2008 Annual Conference.
• Contemporary Issue subjects and Emergency Motions that cover matters that would not otherwise appear on the conference agenda.
• A report of the recent review and consultation that has been carried out in relation to the changes to Conference procedures that were agreed at the 2007 Annual Conference (“Extending and Renewing Party Democracy”). These changes were controversial and Conference should have the opportunity to vote on a range of possible ways forward arising out of the review.
• Proposed rule changes from the NEC and from CLPs. (The rule change proposals from CLPs were submitted last year, but by convention are not tabled until this year. This convention does not apply to rule change proposals from the NEC).
• Elections for the Conference Arrangements Committee (CAC) and National Constitutional Committee (NCC).
Important Rule change proposals on the agenda at the 2009 Annual Conference Delegates at this year’s Conference at Brighton will have an opportunity to vote on several vital rule…
Restore voting on Conference Motions!
Annual Conference to review 2007 changes In summer 2007, shortly after he became Leader, Gordon Brown submitted a document (“Extending and Renewing Party Democracy”) to the NEC recommending a…
Grassroots candidates for CAC election 2009
Vote for Gaye Johnston and Gary Heather Gaye Johnston says: “ Please consider giving me your support for one of two CLP places on Conference Arrangements Committee. On CAC I…
Disturbing stories – candidate selections
The selection process for choosing Labour candidates to fight next May’s London council elections is currently taking place. I’ve had lots of very disturbing stories of good councillors and potential…